How to Add Paypal Express Checkout to Shopify
If you're wondering how to add Paypal Express Checkout to Shopify, this article is for you.
See, in the fiercely competitive world of ecommerce, optimizing user experience can be the make-or-break factor for your online business.
A seamless and secure payment process is paramount, and one of the key tools to achieve this is PayPal Express Checkout. This feature is renowned for its ease of use, security, and adaptability, making it a favored choice among ecommerce merchants.
PayPal, with over 400 million active users across 200 countries, stands as one of the world's most widely used payment gateways. It's no surprise that many merchants opt to integrate PayPal Express Checkout into their online stores.
By offering various payment options, including credit/debit cards, bank accounts, and PayPal balances, you can reduce your abandoned cart rate and enhance customer satisfaction.
In this guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of setting up PayPal Express Checkout on your Shopify store. By the end of this article, you'll have the knowledge and tools to provide your customers with a seamless and secure payment experience.
Table of Contents:
- Creating a PayPal Business Account
- Setting Up PayPal Express Checkout on Shopify
- Verifying Your PayPal Account
- Maximizing Revenue with Post-Purchase Upsells
- FAQs: Your PayPal Express Checkout Questions Answered
1. Create a PayPal Business Account
PayPal is one of Shopify's default payment gateways, making the setup process straightforward. However, you'll need a PayPal Business account to collect payments. Personal PayPal accounts aren't suitable for this purpose due to legal reasons.
Here's how to create a PayPal Business Account:
- Go to the PayPal website and click on the "Sign Up" button.
- Select the "Business Account" option and enter your business details, including name, address, and phone number.
- Provide your email address and set a password for your account.
- Indicate your business type and furnish any additional information requested, such as your EIN or social security number.
- Link your bank account to your PayPal account to receive payments. You can also link a credit or debit card.
- Complete the verification process by providing any necessary documentation to confirm your identity or business information.
Once these steps are completed, your PayPal Business account will be ready to use. It's essential to review PayPal's fees and policies to understand the service's workings and potential costs.
2. Set Up PayPal Express Checkout on Shopify
As PayPal is one of Shopify's default payment providers, integrating it into your store is a breeze. Here's how:
- Log in to your Shopify account.
- Navigate to the Settings page and select Payment Providers.
- Find and click on Activate PayPal.
- Enter your PayPal email address.
With these steps completed, you can start accepting payments through PayPal Express Checkout on your Shopify store.
3. Verify Your PayPal Account for Shopify Stores
New PayPal accounts often require verification. Here's a step-by-step guide:
- Log in to your PayPal account and access the dashboard.
- Click on "Pay and get paid" at the top of the page.
- Select "Banks & Cards" and then click on "Link a bank account."
- Begin typing your bank's name and select it from the dropdown list.
- If your bank is listed, click on it and follow the automated login process.
- Click "Agree and link" to finalize the process.
- If your bank is not listed, choose "Link your bank another way" and enter your banking information manually.
- Check your bank account for two small deposits from PayPal.
- On the PayPal website, enter the exact amounts of these small deposits.
- Click "Submit" to complete the verification process.
Account verification is usually straightforward, but if you encounter issues, don't hesitate to contact PayPal support for assistance.
4. Maximize Revenue with Post-Purchase Upsells
Now that your Shopify PayPal Express Checkout is up and running, consider boosting your revenue with one-click post-purchase upsells. This strategy encourages customers to purchase additional items after their initial transaction, increasing the overall value of each sale.
Follow these steps to implement post-purchase upsells:
- Install ReConvert from the Shopify App Store
- Use ReConvert's super fast set-up to configure automatic one-click upsell offers.
- These offer seamlessly integrates into your PayPal checkout process, presenting them to customers immediately after they complete their initial purchase.
Ensure that your upsell product reccomendations are relevant to the customer's original purchase and provides clear value. You can also consider offering discounts or incentives to encourage customers to take advantage of the offer.
Use PayPal Express Checkout on Shopify Today!
PayPal Express Checkout is a powerful tool that can significantly enhance your Shopify store's revenue and success. Its convenience, security, global reach, and mobile optimization make it an essential payment gateway for any ecommerce business. By following this guide, and combining upselling techniques with a slick chekout experience, you'll provide a seamless and secure payment experience for your customers, and boost your ecommerce success.
Remember, a positive user experience can be the difference between a one-time buyer and a loyal customer, and PayPal Express Checkout is a key ingredient in achieving this goal.
PayPal Express Checkout Shopify FAQ
Let's quickly answer some of the most commonly asked questions about using PayPal Express Checkout on Shopify.
Is a PayPal Business account necessary for setting up PayPal Express Checkout on Shopify?
Yes, a PayPal Business account is required to collect payments through PayPal Express Checkout on Shopify. Personal PayPal accounts cannot be used for this purpose.
Are there any fees associated with using PayPal Express Checkout on Shopify?
Both PayPal and Shopify may charge fees for processing payments. It's essential to review PayPal's and Shopify's fee structures to understand the costs involved fully.
Can I use Shopify PayPal Express Checkout to accept international payments?
Yes, PayPal is a popular payment option in many countries, making it suitable for serving international customers.
How do I collect PayPal Express Checkout on Shopify?
To collect payments through PayPal Express Checkout on Shopify, you first need to set up a PayPal Business account. Once your account is established, log in to your Shopify account, navigate to the Settings page, and select Payment Providers. Find and click on "Activate PayPal" and enter your PayPal email address. You can then start accepting payments through PayPal Express Checkout on your Shopify store.
How long does PayPal Express Checkout take to process on Shopify?
If your store is linked to PayPal Express Checkout, the majority, if not all, of the transactions occurring on your Shopify store are handled by PayPal. Under optimal conditions, orders are typically processed within 40 hours, and your funds become accessible.
How do I integrate PayPal Express Checkout?
Integrating PayPal Express Checkout on Shopify is straightforward. After setting up a PayPal Business account, log in to your Shopify account and go to the Settings page. Select Payment Providers and find "Activate PayPal". Enter your PayPal email address, and you'll be set up to accept payments through PayPal Express Checkout.
Is PayPal Express Checkout the same as PayPal?
PayPal Express Checkout is a feature offered by PayPal, the widely used online payment platform. While both services are provided by PayPal, they serve different purposes. PayPal itself is a comprehensive payment platform that allows users to send and receive payments online, while PayPal Express Checkout is a specific integration option designed to streamline the checkout process on ecommerce platforms like Shopify. It provides customers with a fast and secure way to complete their purchases using their PayPal account or other payment methods supported by PayPa