How to Connect Shopify to Instagram: A Step-by-Step Guide for Sellers
In the fast-paced world of eCommerce, reaching customers where they spend a significant amount of time is crucial. One powerful way to do this is by integrating your Shopify store with Instagram. In this blog post, we'll walk you through the process of connecting Shopify to Instagram and explore the immense benefits it can bring to your online business.
Why Shopify Instagram Integration Is Important for eCommerce Businesses?
- Wider Reach: Instagram boasts over a billion monthly active users, offering a vast potential customer base for your products.
- Visual Appeal: Instagram is a visually-driven platform, making it ideal for showcasing your products in a compelling way.
- Shopping Convenience: Integration allows users to shop seamlessly without leaving the Instagram app, enhancing the overall shopping experience.
Requirements to Connect Shopify to Instagram
- Active Shopify Store: Ensure that your Shopify store is live and operational, ready to showcase your products seamlessly.
- Instagram Business Account: Create and set up an Instagram business account to unlock the full suite of features tailored for businesses.
- Eligibility for Instagram Sales Channel: Before setting up Shopify Instagram Integration, ensure eligibility for the Instagram Sales Channel by meeting the following requirements:
- Location Requirements: Confirm that your business is located in one of the supported countries. The official Shopify website provides a list of these supported countries for your reference.
- Compliance Requirements: Adhere to Facebook's Commerce Policies and its Merchant Agreement. As Instagram is owned by Facebook, compliance with these policies and agreements is essential for the use of the Instagram Sales Channel. Ensure you review and comply with the specified terms before proceeding with the integration process.
How to Connect Shopify To Instagram: Step-by-Step
Step 1: Create Shopify Store and Instagram Business Account
If you already have a Shopify store, you can skip this step.
Otherwise, follow these steps to create a Shopify store:
- Go to Shopify's website, sign up for an account, and choose a plan.
- Create your store by entering business information and selecting a theme.
- Add products by creating pages with images, descriptions, and pricing.
To create an Instagram Business account:
- Download the Instagram app and sign up or switch to a business account if you have a personal account.
- Set up your business profile, providing details like your website, contact information, and business category.
Step 2: Connect Your Instagram Account to Your Facebook Page
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the top right corner, select "Settings."
- In the left-hand menu, click "Instagram."
- Choose "Connect Account" and follow the prompts to link your Instagram account.
Step 3: Set Up A Facebook Shop
To connect your Instagram Business account to your Shopify store, ensure a Facebook Shop is set up:
- Log in to Facebook, click the drop-down arrow, and select "Create Page."
- Follow prompts to create a new page for your shop in Meta Business Suite.
- In Commerce Business Manager, click "Create a Shop" and follow the prompts to set it up.
Step 4: Link Facebook and Instagram Business Account to Shopify
- In Shopify, go to your account and select the Facebook and Instagram Shopping Sales Channel under "Sales channels."
- Click "Start Set-up" and follow prompts to connect your Facebook account.
- Approval may take up to 48 hours. Once connected, manage accounts within Shopify.
Step 5: Enable Instagram Shopping
With your Facebook Shop connected, set up Instagram Shopping:
- On your Instagram profile, tap the three lines, go to Settings > Business > Shopping.
- If not visible, wait for account review for approval.
- Follow prompts to connect Instagram to your Facebook Shop.
- Wait for Instagram to review and approve product tagging (this process may take a few days).
Now, you're all set to seamlessly integrate your Shopify store with Instagram and start tapping into the vast potential of social commerce.
Tips To Boost Sales After Successful Shopify Instagram Integration
- Consistent Branding: Maintain a consistent brand image across your Shopify store and Instagram.
- Engaging Content: Create visually appealing and engaging content to attract your audience.
- Use Shoppable Posts: Take advantage of Instagram's shoppable posts feature to make the purchasing process seamless.
- Run Live Shopping Events: Instagram Live is still under-exploited by most brands. Run live sales and product launches to boost sales.
- Leverage Instagram Ads: Boost your product visibility by investing in targeted Instagram ads.
Connect Shopify to Instagram Examples
Let’s look at a few examples of successful brands who’ve connected Shopify to instagram and made more sales.
Soludos, a notable shoe and clothing brand, has seamlessly incorporated the Instagram shopping feature into its online presence. They use the Instagram shop catalog feature really well.
2. Artifacts Uprising
Artifacts Uprising, a distinguished brand specializing in high-quality photo printing, has ingeniously embraced the use of shoppable feed posts to elevate the shopping experience for its customers.
By incorporating this dynamic feature, the brand seamlessly guides its audience through a visually appealing journey, simplifying the process of discovering and acquiring its exceptional products.
Anthropologie, a trendsetting brand, has masterfully harnessed the full spectrum of Shopping features to craft a compelling and visually stunning business page. Demonstrating a keen understanding of the platform's capabilities, the brand adeptly engages its audience through a multifaceted approach.
Anthropologie leverages the power of shoppable posts, stories, reels, and videos, effectively tapping into its highly engaged audience. The brand strategically employs Instagram's Collection feature, creating a curated showcase of product ranges that not only captivates but also entices exploration.
Connect Shopify to Instagram Today & Make More Sales!
Integrating Shopify with Instagram can significantly enhance your eCommerce business's reach and sales.
By following the simple steps outlined in this guide, you can tap into the vast potential of Instagram's engaged user base.
Remember to stay consistent with your branding, engage your audience with captivating content, and utilize the various features Instagram offers to boost your sales.
How to Connect Shopify to Instagram FAQ
Let's quickly cover some of the most frequently asked questions relating to the topic of 'how to connect Shopify to Instagram'
How do I add my Shopify link to my Instagram bio?
- Navigate to your Instagram profile.
- Tap "Edit Profile."
- In the "Website" field, enter your Shopify store link.
- Tap "Done" to save changes.
How do I promote my Shopify product on Instagram?
- Create eye-catching posts showcasing your product.
- Use targeted hashtags related to your product.
- Utilize Instagram Ads to reach a broader audience.
- Collaborate with influencers for product promotion.
Can you link Instagram feed to Shopify?
- Instagram doesn't allow direct linking to individual products.
- Use the "Shop Now" call-to-action in your posts.
- Utilize the link in your bio to direct users to your Shopify store.
- Alternatively you can link your instagram feed to Shopify using an app like Instafeed
How do I tag my Shopify product on Instagram?
- Connect your Instagram account to your Facebook page.
- Set up a Facebook Shop and link it to your Shopify store.
- Enable Instagram Shopping in your Instagram settings.
- Create posts or stories and tag your Shopify products during the upload process.